Pool of Experts
When a disaster strikes, it is important that an effective emergency response is carried out by people well-trained in relief operations. In order to respond swiftly and efficiently in the critical first hours and days after a disaster, Malteser International is seeking to strengthen its pool of experts for emergency relief.
We are therefore looking for committed, motivated and open minded individuals capable of providing technical and operational assistance under challenging emergency contexts. In the event of a disaster, emergency response teams are dispatched to affected regions for a period of two to four weeks.
We are looking for experienced volunteers in the following fields:
- Medical doctors, with experience in emergency and rescue medicine, specialist proficiency in surgery, anesthesia, as well as internal and general practice
- Nurses and health care workers with experience in surgical outpatient units
- Team leaders
- Logistics and technical professionals
- Media coordinators
- Finance and administration officers
- Other areas of experience such as Safety and Security
- Completed university degree and/or professional training in relevant fields
- Sufficient working experience
- Willingness to travel
- Proficiency in English
- Knowledge of French and Spanish, if possible
- Reliability and a strong sense of responsibility
- Intercultural competence and capacity for teamwork
- Acceptance of Malteser International’s values
- Mental and physical resilience needed to work under extreme conditions anywhere in the world
Interested persons can apply by sending their curriculum vitae and a convincing letter of motivation via email to emergency(at)malteser-international.org.
After being accepted into the pool, volunteers will undergo a training programme to prepare them for deployment abroad. This training includes fundamentals of humanitarian aid, components of stress management, safety and security. The introductory training course is the basis for further training.