Career Entry Program
We offer a one-year Career Entry Program for candidates who have graduated from university or technical college, or who have completed a qualifying apprenticeship relevant to the field of humanitarian aid.
Under our year-long Career Entry Program, we employ recent graduates who meet the requirements listed below as ‘Project Assistants’ either at one of our country desks in the Asia or Africa department, or as a Communications Assistant at our desk for international communications and public relations.
The Project Assistants are based at our headquarters in Cologne for the first six months of the program in order to gain valuable experience in project management and reporting, finance, human resources management and logisitics. For the next six months, they continue their work in one of our projects abroad.
Communication Assistants work at our headquarters in Cologne for the whole 12 months of the Program. During the second phase, they have the opportunity to visit one of the projects abroad for communication and public relations purposes.
What requirements does the applicant need to fulfil?
We are happy to receive submissions from highly motivated applicants with a high level of interest in humanitarian relief and development work. Successful applicants need to:
- Have an appropriate tertiary-level academic qualification
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Identify with our values as a Catholic organization
- Be citizens of the European Union, or have permission to reside and work in Germany
- Speak and write German to at least the B2 level of the Common European Framework for Languages (CEFR) at the beginning of the career entry program.
- Knowledge of other languages, such as French and Spanish; experience in foreign countries, internships in international organizations, and previous experience in the field of emergency relief and development cooperation are advantageous.
Successful applicants will be given a one-year full-time contract with Malteser International drawn up according to the ‘AVR’ employment guidelines of Caritas Germany. They will be remunerated at a rate of around 1,690 euros per month with Christmas and holiday bonus paid subsequent to fulfilling the conditions for these in the AVR guidelines.
All vacancies are announced on our Job Portal. Please apply directly to one of the vacancies using the electronic form provided.