The media library provides access to our publications like the annual report, leafleats and brochures, guidelines, our newsletter, specialized publications, US publications and publications in Spanish.
Image and video material is available on request. Please observe our information regarding image rights and usage.
All pictures provided by Malteser International are free of charge and can be used for media coverage on Malteser International. Please mention "Malteser International" as image source. All image rights are held by Malteser International. This regulation does not apply to pictures marked otherwise.
Download of our Annual Report 2021: Click on full screen and then on the download icon in the upper right corner.
Annual reports from previous years
Leaflets and brochures
Newsletter 'On the Spot'
- May 2023: Cyclone Mocha hits Myanmar and Bangladesh
- April 2023: Forgotten Crises #IntoFocus
- March 2023: 12 Years of Civil War in Syria
- February 2023: One year of war in Ukraine
- February 2023: Severe earthquake in Syria and Türkiye
- January 2023: Looking Back at 2022 - Our Aid for People in Need Worldwid
- December 2022: Malteser International wishes Merry Christmas
- November 2022: Together against hunger
- October 2022: Winter aid Ukraine
- September 2022: Pakistan, the disaster after the disaster
- August 2022: Floods in Pakistan - Support us with your donation
- July 2022: Out now: Our Annual Report 2021!
- June 2022: Global Hunger
- May 2022: Three month aid to Ukraine
- April 2022: Global impact of the war in Ukraine
- March 2022: Ukraine - Thank you for your support!
- February 2022: Ukraine - Urgend help needed
- January 2022: Cold snap in Syria: Donate warmth!
Including Persons with Disabilities in Disaster Risk Reduction: A Research Study from Eight Countries of Africa, Asia, and South/Central America
Download the report here:
In 2021, a consortium of Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund Deutschland e.V. (ASB), Centre for Disability in Development (CDD), Christian Blind Mission (CBM), International Disability Alliance (IDA), and Malteser International (MI) commissioned a study on disability-inclusive disaster risk reduction (DiDRR) policy and practice across eight countries of Africa, Asia, and South/Central America.
The study describes progress, gaps, and identified good practices in line with the Sendai Framework for Disaaster Risk Reduction (DRR) 2015-2030 and concludes with recommendations to support improved disability-inclusive DRR. The study design, data collection, and analysis were based on the 10 key inclusion criteria aligning closely with the Sendai Framework:
- Disaggregated data
- Inclusive risk assessment and planning
- Inclusive risk communication
- Supportive governance/policies
- Direct representation of persons with disabilities in DRR
- Investments in disability-inclusive DRR
- Meaningful participation of persons with disabilities and Organisations of Persons with Disabilities (OPDs) in DRR
- Leadership of persons with disabilities in DRR
- Inclusive partnership
Archive of specialized publications:
- Perceived needs and daily stressors in an urban refugee setting: Humanitarian Emergency Settings perceived Needs Scale survey of Syrian refugees in Kilis, Türkiye, Boris Budosan, Sabah Aziz, MarieTheres Benner & Batoul Abras, 2016
- World Health Organization and emergency health: if not now, when?, 2016
- Evaluation of one mental health/psychosocial intervention for Syrian refugees in Türkiye, Dr. Boris Budosan, Dr. Marie Theres Benner, Batoul Abras & Sabah Aziz, 2016
- Neglect of refugee participation in Myanmar, Dr. Marie Theres Benner, Aree Muangsookjarouen, Egbert Sondorp & Joy Townsend
- Improving access to community-based mental health care and psychosocial support within a disaster context in Haiti, Dr. Boris Budosan, Katherine P O’Hanlon & Sabah Aziz, 2014
- Who Can Afford Health Care? Evaluating the Socio-Economic Conditions and the Ability to Contribute to Health Care in a Post-Conflict Area in DR Congo, Dr. Sibylle Gerstl, Dr. Justin Sauter, Joseph Kasanda & Dr. Alfred Kinzelbach, 2014
- Sexual violence in the protracted conflict of DRC programming for rape survivors in South Kivu, DR Congo, Birthe Steiner, Dr. Marie T Benner, Egbert Sondorp, Peter Schmitz, Ursula Mesmer & Sandrine Rosenberger, 2009