Promotion of social cohesion
Since the political changes in Eastern Europe at the beginning of the 1990s, Malteser Germany has had special ties with Ukraine and supported, among other things, the foundation of the Ukrainian Malteser relief organization "Maltijska Služba Dopomohy". Since 1993, this organization, with its headquarters in Lviv in western Ukraine, has been active in the social and health sectors. Part of its projects involves rescue work and training of the civilian population in first aid, for example. In addition, their teams support internally displaced persons and the communities hosting displaced people. We support the Ukrainian Malteser in expanding their aid programs.
Together with Malteser Ukraine we aim to achieve the following goals:
- Ensure necessary charitable and social activities for displaced people and host communities
- Promote social cohesion and long-term integration of IDPs
- Provide first aid expertise
- Deployment of mobile play teams in Western Ukraine, led by specialists in social work and psychology.
- Conducting summer and vacation camps for war-affected children in the Lviv area
- Provision of first aid training
Partner: Malteser Ukraine, Johanniter
Project region: Lviv and Lviv region
Donors: Aktion Deutschland Hilft, Malteser Germany, Johanniter, Foundations
Duration: extension since March 2022